Whilst print contributions are by invitation only, we do accept submissions for online publication. Here are some good things to know when submitting to us:
- Make sure the images are aligned with our aesthetics (see BBG Moodboard)
- Strong fashion credits are preferred (5-8 outfits)
- List wardrobe credits and season, the creative team, model and agency, as well as a detailed paragraph about the concept of the shoot
- We like quite a large image edit (4-5 images per outfit)
- We prefer the submission to be in single, small res image files rather than a laid out PDF
- Final images (both landscape and portraits) in 1800px width (72 dpi)
- Please include plenty of options of different crops and angles for variety
- Images need to be exclusive to Boys by Girls and not published anywhere else, including your personal website and social media. Outtakes or similar content should also not be shared until the series is published
- We're looking for storytelling image series that feel authentic to the boy(s) featured
INSTAGRAM EXCLUSIVE EDITORIALS
Due to the change in the digital landscape and the popularity of our Instagram, to keep our social media following happy, we provide a weekly exclusive feature on our Instagram. This enables us more space to feature amazing female talent. For the Instagram exclusive series we create nine separate posts (all including relevant team and fashion credits + exclusive writing), which form a perfect grid with a title square in the middle. There are several possibilities of submissions here:
- Editorial - see specifics above
- Portrait series - we look for portrait series (these can be styled or unstyled) with impactful images that tell the story of the boy(s). It should feel authentic, cinematic, and honest. This can be a pure documentary approach that gives a real insight into the boy's life.
- Talent series - perhaps you want to showcase a boy with a talent, whether he is an artist, musician, actor, or has a talent in any other areas he is passionate about. We always look for inspiring stories with great boys.
- Images need to be exclusive to Boys by Girls and not published anywhere else including your personal website and social media. Outtakes or similar content should also not be shared until the series is published.
Email your submissions to email@example.com. Make it clear in your subject line what you are submitting to help make it easier for us to review your submission, and please allow us one week to get back to you.